- Keep it dry. Precipitation, humidity and liquid that contain minerals will corrode electronic circuits.
- Do not use or store it in dusty, dirty areas as its detachable parts may be damaged.
- Do not store it in hot areas. High temperatures can shorten the life of electronic devices, damage batteries, and melt certain plastics.
- Do not store it in cold areas. When the device warms up, moisture can form inside it, which may damage electronic circuit boards.
- Do not attempt to take the device apart. Improper handling may damage the device.
- Do not drop, knock or shake it. Improper handling may cause damage to the liquid crystal panel.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong detergents to clean the device.
- Do not paint it. Paint can clog the device’s detachable parts and cause it to malfunction.
Do not operate the device below the temperature 0 or over 40 degrees. Excessive heat or cold will cause malfunction and incur damage to the device. To avoid such from happening, please do not use the device for two hours after it has been exposed to excess heat or cold, because the humidity or moisture formed by the temperature changing will cause damage to the device.
Resistive touch screen
Touch-screen interfaces are effective in many information appliances, in personal digital assistants (PDAs), and as generic pointing devices for instrumentation and control applications.
Resistive touch screens
Resistive touch screens consist of a glass or acrylic panel that is coated with electrically conductive and resistive layers made with indium tin oxide (ITO). The thin layers are separated by invisible spacers.
Resistive screens are generally the most affordable type of touch screen, which explains their success in high-use application like PDAs and Internet appliances. Although clarity is not as good as with other touch-screen types, resistive screens are very durable.
The only concern is that the resistive layers can be easily damaged by a very sharp object.